Educational Resource Planning Mission
'ERP' in our context is Educational Resource Planning.
- A list of Old Events
- A list of Future Events is also available.
- A List of Video help is also available.
- A List of Important Links is also available.
ERP (Educational Resource Planning) System (ई आर पी(शैक्षिक संसाधन योजना)पद्धति)
As the different institutes will have different academic and administrative processes, it will be a good idea if it can be captured in a formal specification language - Process Description Language. A GUI based system to create the Descriptor can be taken up as a project module. The envisaged system can take this Descriptor as input and can create an implementation corresponding to the descriptor. In this way, we will have a generic ERP system.
Objectives of the Project (प्रोजेक्त के उद्देष्य)
The aim of the project is to take Brihaspati initiative and add to it many other functionalities traditionally associated to ERP (Educational Resource Planning). Main functional blocks for the envisaged system can be identified by
- Learning management system (LMS)
- Content management system (CMS)
- Academic administration system (Student record and profiles)
- National mission project management system
- Examination management system
- Time-table generator
- Event and resource management
- Student affairs (residence, disciplinary, dues etc.)
- Personnel management (faculty, staff records and profiles)
- Payroll and Tax management system for employees.
- Institute ranking generator
- Student monitoring
- Store and purchase records module
- Linking of data to GIS system for display of geographical attributes for various data.
Important Links (मह्त्वपूर्ण संपर्क/सन्दर्भ/लिन्क)
A summary of what is expected from the project is mentioned here.
Problem with New Developed Modules/Application
IIT Kanpur (आई आई टी कानपुर)
Problem with PMS module - fixed in new release
An input file interface for Data is needed.
The system will consist of servers at five places. Together, these should form a distributed cluster with visibility to user as single machine. The content and functionality will be configured to work with location redundancy. The hardware requirements will be posted here, once the details of the architecture are finalized.
Another suggestion is to buy virtual machines at some data center (e.g., VSNL). Preliminary analysis suggests that this approach is better in that it eliminates the problems related to location of the machines, air-conditioning and maintenance. In the longer run, the system can be shifted to custom servers owned by the respective institutes.
One of the approaches is the following which gives much flexibility. The required software architecture should provide the following in order to deploy the "distributed cluster":
- Virtual Storage (Necessary)
- Virtual Networking
- Virtual Computing
- - The architecture must have the provision of moving some of the computing to the end user's machine, if required.
Please wait for a detailed schematic diagram of the overall architecture, since it is still in the planning phase.
Base Software components to implement the system
- Application Framework: Spring 3.0(For new Module), For LMS use Turbine Frame work
- Version Control System: subversion
- Template language: Velocity Template Language
- Test Tool for Objects: JUnit 4.6
- Build Tool: Ant 1.7
- Operating System: GNU/Linux (Distribution: Fedora or RadHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server)
- Database: MySql version 5.0 or higher
- Programming Language: Java (Sun Java 6 or OpenJDK 6 or 7) or Python (version 2.5 or higher)
Services to be run (सेवा चलाने के लिए)
- Lustre Operations Manual
- Lustre File System
- JXTA Programming Guide
- JXTA Protocol
- Open ID
- Create Curriculum
- Brihaspati server, API Doc link
Participating Institutes (PI Name, Email, Contact Number, Skype Id, Dimdim Id) (संस्थान)
- MHRD Mission Project
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh ( Dr. Y N Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 9452 04 8451, ynsingh, ynsingh),Brihaspati Team
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, Uttar Pradesh: DEI-ERP wiki page for contributions from DEI (Dr. Prem S Sudhish, email@example.com, +91-562-645-8483 x 21, pssudhish, pssudhish)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttaranchal: IITR-ERP wiki page for contributions from IIT Roorkee (Dr. Padam Kumar, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 983 765 2743, padam.kumar49, padam.kumar49)
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh: NITH-ERP wiki page for contributions from NITH (Dr. Narottam Chand, email@example.com, +91 941 809 4345, narottam.nith or nithlms, narottam.nith or nithlms)
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh , Uttar Pradesh: AMU-ERP wiki page for contributions from AMU (Dr. M. U. Bokhari, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 941 264 0294, nesar.ahmad-amu, nesar.ahmad-amu)
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi , New Delhi: JMI-ERP wiki page for contributions from JMI (Dr. S K Naqvi, email@example.com, +91 921 200 4194, -----,----)
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University , Jammu: SMVDU-ERP wiki page for contributions from SMVDU (Ms. Sonika Gupta, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 941 912 2736, sonika.gupta3, sonika.gupta3)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi: IGNOU-ERP wiki page for contributions from IGNOU (Ms. Uma Kanjilal, email@example.com, +91 9810488895, ukanjilal, --- )
Team at IIT Kanpur (आई आई टी कानपुर की टीम)
- Dr. Yatindra Nath Singh, Professor of Electrical Engineering (Principal Investigator)
- Dr. Nishchal K. Verma, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Amitabh Roy
- Mrs. Neeru Chhabra
- Nagendra Kumar Singh
Financial Disclosure @ IIT Kanpur
As per the NMEICT mission PAB decision, all expenditures of more than Rs.1,00,000 (other than salary) has to be disclosed on this website. This is the disclosure for IIT Kanpur. For other partner institutes, they will maintain their own disclosures.
Grant received from MHRD
IIT Kanpur Expenditure disclosure
|August 2010||Funds Transfer to DEI||40,00,000|
|June 2011||Funds Transfer to DEI||40,00,000|
|March 2012||Funds Transfer to DEI||35,00,000|
|February 2013||Funds Transfer to DEI||10,00,000|
|December 2013||Funds Transfer to DEI||20,00,000|
|September 2010||Funds Transfer to JMI||15,00,000|
|September 2012||Funds Transfer to JMI||5,70,000|
|May 2013||Funds Transfer to JMI||2,80,000|
|September 2013||Funds Transfer to JMI||5,00,000|
|August 2010||Funds Transfer to AMU||25,00,000|
|February 2011||Funds Transfer to AMU||12,00,000|
|March 2012||Funds Transfer to AMU||25,00,000|
|July 2013||Funds Transfer to AMU||8,50,000|
|January 2014||Funds Transfer to AMU||8,75,000|
|August 2010||Funds Transfer to AVV||70,00,000|
|December 2010||Funds Transfer to AVV||35,00,000|
|February 2011||Funds Transfer to AVV||51,00,000|
|June 2011||Funds Transfer to AVV||48,00,000|
|January 2012||Funds Transfer to AVV||35,00,000|
|March 2012||Funds Transfer to AVV||39,00,000|
|September 2012||Funds Transfer to AVV||49,20,000|
|September 2010||Funds Transfer to IITR||10,00,000|
|August 2010||Funds Transfer to SMVDU||25,00,000|
|August 2010||Funds Transfer to IGNOU||25,00,000|
|October 2012||Funds Transfer to IGNOU||53,18,000|
|till January 2014||Grant total Transfer||693,13,000|
Disscussion Group (वाद-विवाद् समूह)
The name of disscussion group of this project is "ERP01-ERP Project". Which is available on Brihaspati IITK installation. The URL is http://brihaspati.iitk.ernet.in:8080/brihaspati/servlet/brihaspati/
Meeting Schedule (बैठक कार्यक्रम)
The members of the IIT Kanpur team meet on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3:00 PM. The meetings are now done on the alternate day to give the participants some time between meeting to prepare and do the required work for discussions in the meetings. In case the timing is changed due to some unavoidable situation, the new timing will be emailed to the group.
You can download NMEICT wall paper for mobile from here
Mobile Wall Paper-1
Mobile Wall Paper-2